Sunday 15 January 2012

Favourite LOTV stamp

Hi Everyone. I was so pleased to make Nutcrafters top 3, last post, with my New Years card, so thank you to Nutcrafters for that! I was getting short of inspiration so did a little blog hopping yesterday and found this lovely sketch on Bev Rochesters blog. Bev has some great tutorials on her blog and absolutely beautiful creations,  and so, as I need help with  my colouring, 
watched her colouring tutorial. My colouring isn't great yet but I'm hoping it's improving with practice!!! I was pleased with the result of this card. I find sketches really help with inspiration when you're stuck for ideas. I didn't have any paper doilies when I looked through my stash and came across an old fiskars punch that I haven't used for ages. I think it makes a great doily, so I'll be using these old punches again! Sometimes things you think you won't ever use again come up trumps. My motto -never throw anything away, it might come in useful. Unfortunately thats why my house is such a mess, LOL!!!!!





I created this card using the following:


  • My Minds Eye 'quite contrary' summer papers
  • Mulberry paper roses, from Nutcrafters
  • Lily of the valley stamp ' Little Ballerina' and sentiment stamp 'time to celebrate'
  • Stamped with memento ink
  • Coloured with promarkers
  • Fiskars border punch
  • Martha stewart border punch ' floral lace'
  • Paper adhesive ribbon K + C company 'wild saffron'
  • embellishments from stash
  • Sketch by Bev Rochester, below


I am entering this card into the following challenges:








8 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and your colouring is great! Love the sketch too - Bev has just the best blog! Thank you for joining us over at Lili's Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work - I love LOTV images too and this one is gorgeous. Love your papers as well. Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Magnificent papers.Pretty gril. Good work ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz on our 3rd birthday this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that pretty image.. great sketch too...
    thanks for joining us over @ PfP inspired by a song challenge . Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is one,really gorgeous image Hun love the colours on this,bless you for playing at creatalicous this month hugs Cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh a great take on this weeks theme at the Winter Wonderland with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable...love it. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. www.justwordz.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the Creatalicious Challenges.

    Hugs Audhild

    ReplyDelete