- White and Tourquoise card
- Western romance/ all about me paper stack
- Ranger distress inks -Pine Needles, Broken China, Faded Jeans
- Stampendous Mermaid stamp- CRP151
- Mementon Ink
- Clear pigment inkpad
- Wow embossing powder - Blue Blast
- Promarkers - Mint Green, Soft Greeen, Tea Green, Cocktail Pink, Almond, Sunflower, Lemon, Bright Orange and Mango.
- Stampendous Frantage Shabby Blue Embossing Enamel
- Stampendous Frantage Silver and Gold mica fragments
- Shells, Pearls, Pearl rope, mosaic tiles and netting from stash
Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Well I enjoyed 'Happy Stampers' at Port Sunlight so much that I've got the crafting bug back. I couldn't wait to try out my new stamps and the stampendous embossing enamel I bought. I love the effect its created on this card and can't wait to use it again. I stamped the mermaid image with memento ink and coloured her with promarkers. I've decoupaged her tail and used Wow embossing powder to create the look of shiny scales. The tail has been attached with foam pads and the edges stuck down to create a 3d effect. The background has been created using distress inks to give a watery feel. The embossing enamel has been applied in several layers and mica fragments applied while still hot. The card has been completed with the addition of pears, shells and mosaic tiles stuck down with glossy accents. I've also use a strip of netting and a string of pearls to finish off.
Sunday, 13 May 2012
Thought I'd try something a bit different after I went to 'Happy Stampers' rubber stamp show yesterday in Port Sunlight, Wirral. I bought this beautiful stamp from Dimension Stamps and, after watching their You Tube tutorial, had a go at creating this. I've tried to add my own mark on the card and changed a few things. The stamped images were heat embossed using clear pigment ink and black embossing powder directly onto the background paper. The images have been cut out and the bird cage attached to the flourish with jump rings. The flourish is attached to the card using foam pads. I had difficulty getting the right colour on the card candy -they looked a bit flat, so, they have been heat embossed with black embossing powder also - a bit tricky, but worth it! Hope you like it.
- White and dark green card from stash
- Trimcraft, First Edition papers 'Bird Song'
- Paper embossed using 'Flower Fantasy' Cuttlebug embossing folder
- Artemio swirl stamp -ref 10001038
- Dimension Stamps -Bird cage
- Ink it up clear embossing stamp pad
- Stampendous 'detail black' embossing powder
- Green Ribbon from stash
- Punched flower border using Martha Stewart Floral Lace border punch
- Craft creations black border sparkly peel off
- White card candy -heat emobssed with black embossing powder as above
- Sundays With Chrissy -Challenge 29 - 'Things with Wings'
- Catch the bug challenge blog - 'Things with Wings challenge'
- PCJ Challenge 9 -'Black and one other colour'
- Whimsy Stamps - Challenge 38 ' Make it Pop - add dimension'
- Craft Room challenge - 'Emboss it'
- House of Gilli - 'A little Embossing'